This course is an introduction to forces, motion, energy, momentum, and conservation laws.
Please check the course *schedule* often to keep yourself up to date.
And, check the syllabus or the study guide if you have questions about the course and policies.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00-9:50 a.m.
- Taylor Hall 111
- Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday 1:00-3:50 p.m.
- Taylor Hall 101
- Physics for Engineers and Scientists (3rd ed) by Hans Ohanian and John Markert
- There are some resources online at the Student Study Space specifically for this text
including a study plan for each chapter and cool animated tutorials for a lot of different concepts.
Quizzes and Exams:
- Reading quizzes and more are online at Woodle.
- Exam 1 is on Monday September 27 and covers Chapters 1 to 5.
- Exam 2 is on Friday October 29 and covers Chapters 6 to 11.
- The final exam is on Tuesday December 14 at 7 p.m. It covers the entire semester, with an emphasis on Chapters 12 to 15 and 18 to 21.
- Guidelines for HW including doing corrections are here
- HW assignments are posted to Woodle.
- Due dates for HW corrections (one week after being handed back. See the correction guidelines above)
Homework solutions are posted at Woodle. See me if you have trouble accessing them.
- Upper-level physics majors provide Homework Help on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 to 10 pm in Taylor 101.
- The physics department also will pay tutors for their time, so it's free for you! Click here for the list of active tutors.